We’ve covered some detail about crypto casinos, but what about crypto games? With the rise of decentralized and fair virtual markets play-to-earn (P2E) crypto gaming has become much more popular, and nowadays, you’ll find some of the most popular crypto games at various online casinos. Take a look at some of our top picks here:
Best Cryptocurrency Casinos Canada
Best casino sites for cryptocurrency gambling in Canada
As gambling using crypto rises in popularity, the number of cryptocurrency casinos that accept different forms of crypto has exploded. So, which cryptocurrency casino should you play at? We explore this question and all things related to crypto casino sites below. If you’re a gambling enthusiast and are looking to try your luck with real money crypto gambling, read on!
After reviewing scores of online crypto casinos, we feel that the following platforms offer some of the best gaming experiences if you’d like to gamble using cryptocurrencies:
CyberBetBTC, USDT, ETH, LTC, DOGE, XRP, Bitcoin Cash, Binance CoinIce Gaming N.V.Curaçao gaming license
|Crypto Casino Name||Accepted Currencies||Operator||License|
|Stake Casino |
|BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP, DOGE, TRON, EOS, BitcoinCash||Medium Rare N.V.||Curaçao gaming license|
|FortuneJack Casino |
|BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP, DOGE, TRON, EOS, ZCash, Dash, BitcoinCash||Nexus Group Enterprises N.V.||Curaçao gaming license|
|Kineko Casino||BTC, ETH, Kineko Token (KKO)||SunSeven N.V.||Curaçao gaming license|
Crypto casinos work in the same way as any other online casino – except that players can gamble using cryptocurrencies. Some cryptocurrency casinos might only accept cryptocurrency deposits, while others can also accept fiat currencies like Canadian Dollars through payment methods such as Interac.
To sign up at a crypto casino, you’ll need to complete a registration and verification process. Then, you can deposit funds to your account – more on that below.
Otherwise, cryptocurrency casinos offer a wide range of game genres including slots, jackpots, table games, video poker and even sports betting. Plus, crypto casinos can also offer a variety of unique games powered by the same blockchain technology that’s behind cryptocurrencies.
Put simply, cryptocurrency casinos can operate games using algorithms that run without any human interference and which are programmed to deliver random results. Players can even verify that a game result is truly random. This means that players concerned over the fairness of games can put themselves at ease when playing games that run on blockchain technology at crypto casinos. Some examples include Roulette, Blackjack and various dice games.
How we choose the best crypto online casinos
When it comes to selecting the best online casinos, whether crypto or otherwise, we consider several factors including:
- Registration and licensing: We only recommend cryptocurrency casinos that are owned by a registered company in a recognized jurisdiction as well as ones that have a gaming license to operate.
- Site security: The best crypto casinos have their best tech safety foot forward. They never compromise on site security and use the latest SSL encryption technology to safeguard players’ data.
- Promotions: If the crypto casino offers a generous welcome offer and a rewarding loyalty and promotions program for its players, we rate it higher compared to casinos that don’t.
- Fine print: The best promotions in the world wouldn’t amount to much with astronomical wagering requirements or unreasonable withdrawal fees. Before we recommend a cryptocurrency casino, we look at the fine print to see if the casino offers favorable conditions for players.
- Customer service: We look at whether the crypto casino has an extensive and updated FAQ section, as well as whether it has a contact service, ideally a 24/7 serviced live chat support. The easier it is to get in touch with a support agent and resolve any issues, the higher we rank a crypto site for this feature.
Cryptocurrency payments offer anonymity and security as no personal information is required for you to complete a crypto transaction – only a crypto wallet address is required.
Withdrawals in cryptocurrency are extremely fast – in some cases taking just a few seconds to land in your account.
If you’re playing on Bitcoin games, or any other games that run on blockchain technology, most can be independently verified as “provably fair”. If this is the case, the casino is likely to advertise it so keep an eye out.
Cryptocurrencies are volatile in price and their value can vary widely – sometimes from hour to hour. This means that a big win on one day might lose a significant amount of value by the following day.
Cryptocurrencies are still unregulated and are works in progress. This means that changes in Canadian and international laws can make it more difficult or less advantageous to gamble using cryptocurrencies in the future.
Cryptocurrencies still aren’t a common payment method, which means you’d need to exchange your crypto wins to fiat currency like CAD to put any on funds to practical use. This will inevitably incur some fees.
The most popular cryptocurrencies you can gamble with, grouped into different categories, are as follows:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Alternative coins: Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Cardano (ADA), Polkadot (DOT1), Stellar (XLM), Solana (SOL), Avalance (AVAX), Polygon (MATIC), Tron (TRN), Neo (NEO)
- Stable coins: Tether (USDT), USD Coin (USDC)
- Meme coins: Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB)
Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency in gambling. It also happens to be the most well-known and used cryptocurrency in the world at the time of writing. Several crypto casinos also accept a variety of alternative coins, including Ethereum which is the second most popular cryptocurrency.
Meanwhile, the most popular stable coins are Tether and USD Coin. These are cryptocurrencies that peg their value to an existing fiat currency like USD to try and stabilize their prices. If you’re concerned about the high volatility of cryptocurrencies, stable coins are a great compromise for those wanting to use crypto to gamble but want to have some level of assurance that the price of the coin won’t be as volatile as other types of cryptocurrencies.
Finally, Dogecoin and Shiba Inu are the most popular meme coins. A meme coin is a meme-inspired cryptocurrency and tends to be the most volatile category of cryptocurrencies. This volatility is driven by large communities of people on social media apps like TikTok and forums like Reddit. The prices of these coins are greatly affected by hype and “Fear Of Missing Out” sentiment, which lead to rapid and often extremely high or low prices.
Some cryptocurrencies also have their own branded cryptocurrencies which players can play with and exchange for gifts and loyalty perks.
Do all online betting sites accept crypto as a payment method?
The rise of cryptocurrencies in online gambling is clear, but it is not widespread enough to the point where all online casinos integrate it. However, our recommended crypto casinos all accept a variety of cryptocurrencies. Some even give players the option to purchase cryptocurrency on their gaming platform.
Can I win actual money when playing at online crypto casinos?
All winnings made from crypto gambling can be withdrawn in the same cryptocurrency used to deposit. In some casinos, you may also exchange funds from one cryptocurrency to another, or even to a fiat currency like CAD. However, this is likely to be via a third-party provider and will involve fees.
To avoid this, we recommend withdrawing your wins to a cryptocurrency exchange where you can exchange your wins to other crypto or fiat currencies at more competitive rates.
In reality, there isn’t much of a difference between standard and crypto casinos, with the latter having multiple advantages, including lightning-fast withdrawals. To cash out your wins, simply:
- Go to the cashier page
- Select the withdrawal button
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw
- Choose your payment method
- Copy and paste your crypto wallet address
When withdrawing to a crypto wallet, the transaction won’t take more than a few minutes regardless of which crypto casino you’re registered at.
Yes – cryptocurrencies are a safe payment method as long as you take care to not share information that could comprise your crypto wallet. In some cases, cryptocurrency payments can actually be safer than fiat payments as players don’t need to provide any credit/debit card details when signing up at a crypto casino.
Is crypto a legal payment method?
At the time of writing, cryptocurrencies are not regulated by any Canadian or international authority. This means that cryptocurrencies’ values operate independently of any central bank or government institution and are neither legal nor illegal.
Still, Canada considers cryptocurrency as a commodity, like a stock in a company, so any income made from trading cryptocurrencies is subject to reporting any gains and losses and paying the required capital gains tax. However, gambling wins aren’t taxed in Canada so as long as you win the funds on a casino platform you don’t have to worry about being taxed!
Do crypto casinos offer bonuses and promotions for crypto users?
Yes – and plenty at that! Crypto casinos offer a variety of bonuses and promotions, including:
- No deposit bonuses – Very rare, but extremely popular among players. These types of bonuses do not require any deposit from your side, so the crypto casino will basically give you free money to play with and try out the platform before you commit.
- Deposit bonuses – Crypto casinos usually offer deposit bonuses as part of the welcome package for new players. The site will usually match your first couple of deposits, so you will get to play with double the amount deposited. Wagering requirements may apply before you withdraw any winnings.
- Free spins – This is a very common promotion and is frequently found in both welcome offers and fixed weekly promotions. Players receive a number of free spins to play on a specific slot or a range of slots. Wagering requirements may apply before you withdraw any winnings.
- VIP Programs – These programs are designed to reward loyal players and incentivize them to play regularly on the platform. Well-designed VIP programs cater for all playing styles and budgets, including low rollers and high rollers. Keep an eye out for casinos that offer cashback offers and ones that allow you to retain your VIP rank regardless of how much play you carry out each month.
There are no fixed fees when it comes to crypto transactions. However, you should be aware of three types of fees related to cryptocurrencies:
- Gas fees: These are the fees paid out to the cryptocurrency miners who run the hardware needed to process and verify a transaction. The actual fee is factored in automatically when you transfer cryptocurrency from one place to another, such as from your casino account to your crypto wallet. Some cryptocurrencies, like Ethereum, have higher gas fees when compared to other cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.
- Third-party exchange and purchase fees: If you purchase or exchange one cryptocurrency to another, or cryptocurrency to fiat currency, you will likely need to pay a fee for that exchange or purchase process to the provider carrying out the transaction for you. Some crypto casinos offer this service on their site.
- Deposit and withdrawal casino fees: Some casinos might charge you a fee when carrying out a deposit or withdrawal, the same as with a fiat currency casino. We suggest you find a casino that doesn’t have this type of fee.
How can I stay safe when betting with crypto?
You can take some basic measures to ensure that your crypto funds and wallet are never compromised. For starters, it’s important to understand the difference between your crypto wallet address and crypto wallet keys.
You can freely share your crypto wallet address, just as you would a bank account number or IBAN, to carry out transactions. However, you should NEVER share your crypto wallet keys. These are the unique word combinations that are used to access the funds in your wallet. Anyone with access to these can access and steal funds from your wallet so you should store your wallet keys offline in a safe place. The same principle applies to your fiat bank account – you wouldn’t share your full card number or a bank account pin code with anyone!
When playing online using cryptocurrency, you should also make sure to only play on sites with a recognized SSL certificate (indicated by the closed lock next to the site address).